We are proud to share that Plungė kindergarten „Vyturėlis“ received a grant for the Erasmus+ KA210-SCH – Small-scale partnerships in school education project „Discovering STEM in Nature“. Our partners are schools from Turkey, Estonia, North Macedonia.
The aims of the project are:
- To raise self-confident, nature loving students who are interested in science, who think interactively and can express themselves;
- To develop students’ understanding of natural phenomena using elements of the STE(A)M method;
- To develop students’ environmental awareness;
- To promote nature conservation and provide knowledge about sustainable and renewable resources;
- To increase students‘ motivation to communicate and use skills related to science, technology, mathematics, engineering and arts using experimental and research methods.
During the project (2022-03-01 – 2023-04-30) partner schools will carry out different activities (STEM of Recycling, STEM of Plants, Stem of Animals, STEM of Water) involving students, teachers, parents and other community members. Students will be able to make decisions, gain confidence in their abilities, develop critical thinking and get to know the world around us by researching, creating and analysing the results.